Sunday 17 April 2016

Amagami SS

MyAnimeList
AnimeNewsNetwork
AnimePlanet
AniDB

Episodes:

1st season: 25
2nd season: 13
Special: 1
OVA: 6
Special: 6

Date: Summer 2010


Source: Visual Novel

Studio: AIC

General

Couple(s) (Please read the "Overall Conclusion" at the end of the post for the explanation):



Tachibana Junichi


ARC 1: Morishima Haruka


ARC 2: Tanamachi Kaoru


ARC 3: Nakata Sae


ARC 4: Nanasaki Ai


ARC 5: Sakurai Rihoko


ARC 6: Ayatsuji Tsukasa


EXTRA ARC: Kamizaki Risa

Happy Ending:

Yes


Conflict

Love Triangle:


No

Love Rivals:

No. Each character gets her respective route.

Relationship Drama:

No

Cheating/NTR:

No


Romance

Romance: Main Genre


Romance Quality: 9/10

Harem: No

Ecchi/Fanservice: No

Kiss Scene:

Yes (Rihoko's scene is found in Amagami SS+ Plus)

Do they admit their feelings:

Yes (Once again, Rihoko's confession is found in Amagami SS+ plus)

Do they end up as a couple:

Yes

Satisfying Closure:

Yes, although you'll have to watch the second season to get Rihoko's ending.



Overall Conclusion:

This anime is divided in arcs. Each arc is a different "route" of the story, meaning the ending of one arc never happened in the other. This basically means that the story's protagonist ends up with every girl in her respective arc. This can be known as Omnibus Format. This is in, my opinion, how every harem should be made, as it makes everyone happy without having to choose one or more girls or leaving the ending open. My personal favorite girl in this anime was Kaoru, as she seemed to have the best chemistry with the protagonist out of all the girls. Overall, this anime was amazing and I wish there were more like these. Totally recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your site, and I love it because I can't stand NTR for various reasons, and you've helped me screen a few of my new favorites without spoiling it. This outside of SAO is probably my favorite romance anime. I love the multiple arcs angle, and the other two or three most famous for doing this style are all lacking. I loved Haruka's arc. I think she's hilarious, and the one scene where had to find a hidden place in a few seconds had me dying. I also love the art styles, and how it made each girl unique (Loved Haruka's eyes).

    ReplyDelete